Employee Directive and Personal Information
From time to time, it may be necessary for Metcash to disclose personal information about an employee to a third party. Such disclosures are made in relation to the employee’s employment with Metcash. Metcash will require the third party to use the personal information of any employee only for the purpose for which it has been supplied by Metcash.
- acknowledge that, in relation to their own employment, during the course of their employment their employer and/or other Metcash entities will obtain personal information (including health, medical and other sensitive information) about the employee; and
Types of personal information collected by Metcash
The types of personal information collected and held by Metcash will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
- electronic address(es);
- bank account details;
- credit card details;
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits;
- date of birth; and
- other details relevant to your employment.
How Metcash collects personal information
Generally, Metcash collects personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you apply for a position;
- in the course of your employment with Metcash; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
Metcash will collect personal information through Metcash Limited, its related bodies corporate and its business pillars;
Why Metcash collects, uses and discloses personal information
Metcash will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies)
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us and keep a record of them; and
- to answer any inquiry you make.
Metcash may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve products or services, such as consultants and professional advisers.
How Metcash stores and protects personal information
Metcash stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally Metcash takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where Metcash uses secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information (such as credit card information) is securely transmitted and processed, Metcash cannot and does not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Does Metcash send personal information overseas?
Metcash does not disclose your personal information to organisations in other countries.
How you can access your personal information
Metcash will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our human resources department at [email protected].
At your request, Metcash will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Act or other applicable legislation applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
How to contact Metcash or make a complaint
Metcash will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.